Laois County Childcare Committee is located at 6 Lismard Court, beside Laois Shopping Centre in Portlaoise town. The committee is currently comprised of 15 members who represent issues from both a national and local level. The following groups are represented on our board.
- Pre-school Service Provider Community Representative
- Afterschool Parents Representative
- Private Pre-school Providers.
- National Voluntary Childcare Organisation. (IPPA & NVCA)
- Laois VEC.
- Department of Education & Science
- Chamber of Commerce.
- Laois County Community Forum
- Mountmellick Development Association. (M.D.A)
- Health Service Executive.
- Childminders’ Representative.
- Irish Farmers Association. (IFA)
- Laois County Development Board.
Laois County Childcare Committee supports NALA’s campaign, Help My Kid Learn. www.helpmykidlearn.ie is an interactive resource for parents and guardians, with practical ideas for activities that support speaking, reading, writing and maths skills.
This website was developed as part of the Department of Education’s National Strategy to Improve Literacy and Numeracy among Children and Young people (2011).
Activities of LCCC
Based on our needs analysis research, we developed a Strategic Plan, which contains targeted objectives and strategies which are implemented through our yearly Action Plans. We are currently working through our Strategic Plan for 2010 – 2013.
Our programme of activities focuses on the following four main areas:
To download a copy of our customer charter please click here: Customer Charter
To download a copy of our customer complaint procedure please click here: Customer Complaint Procedure
To download a copy of the Pre School Regulations please click here: Child_Care_Pre-_School_Services_Regs_2006