Quality within childcare service provision has many aspects to it and means different things to different services/parents. Aspects that contribute to quality within childcare services include:-
- Standard of the building
- Qualifications of Management and Staff
- Programmes/activities offered within services
- Promotion of play within services
- Policies and Procedures
- Feedback mechanism to parents etc.
LCCC assists childcare services with the above elements and for further information the National Voluntary Childcare Organisation can be consulted with.
Click below to download a copy of Laois County Childcare’s After School booklet which contains games and activities for after school children After Schools Activity Booklet
Networking opportunities and events are organised on an ongoing basis for the following groups.
- Childcare service providers (pre and after school)
- Parent and Toddler groups
- Community groups
New Application and Re-Entry Forms
Laois County Childcare Committee is now accepting New Application Forms for the ECCE & CETS Scheme as well as Re-entry Forms for the following Schemes: ECCE, CETS, CCS
Forms can be downloaded below: