The Board of Management of “Sonas” Mountmellick Community Childcare invite applications for the position of Crèche Manager
The Childcare Manager will be responsible for the effective running of “Sonas” Mountmellick Community Childcare on a daily basis on behalf of the Board of Management. This role falls under the following key areas, regulation compliance, programme compliance, quality, inclusion, HR Support and financial management.
The Manager would oversee and implement a quality early childhood programme which promotes the holistic development of the child.
The Successful candidate will:
- Ensure children are at the centre of all decisions made in the service.
- Operate the day to day running of the service
- Develop and evaluate programmes and activities in line with Aistear (curriculum framework)
- Carry out the financial, administrative and personnel aspects of the childcare centre including the ELC childcare funding schemes in cooperation the BOM and (financial administrator).
- Formulate, review and implement policies, procedures, risk assessments and health and safety statements, updating and amending as required to ensure our service is in line with best practice and compliant with the Early Years regulations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with parents/guardians/ and the local community.
- Liaise with external bodies such as Tusla, CCC, Pobal, HSE, DCEDIY, Department of Education, Better Start etc.
- Apply for funding schemes and appropriate supports and complete the necessary administrative requirements.
- Report to the Board of Management.
The Successful candidate will have:
- Third level qualification in Early Childhood Care and Education.
- 3 years’ experience in a management/supervisory role in childcare
- Leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, budgeting, and IT skills
- Strong knowledge of childcare sector
- Human Resource knowledge
- A knowledge of Corporate Governance in the charities sector would also be an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
Interested candidates should forward their curriculum vitae and a cover letter by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date Monday 22nd November 2021 at 5pm.
Candidates may be short listed based on the information given. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to garda vetting and reference checks.