The Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth (DCEDIY) will re-open the Learner Fund Bursary to Early Learning and Care practitioners who are new graduates of a recognised Early Childhood Education and Care degree programme. The local City/County Childcare Committees (CCC) will process and appraise Learner Fund Graduate Bursary applications.
- The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be either:
- On the DCEDIY Early Years Recognised Qualifications list and indicated as meeting the qualification requirements for room leader – higher capitation.
- The applicant must hold a letter of eligibility to practice from DCEDIY which states that the qualification meets the standard for higher capitation.
- The award must be placed at level 7/8/9 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) and was achieved in the academic years 2015-2022.
- The bursary amount will be €750.
- The qualification must be a full, major award; the bursary will not be paid in respect of partially completed awards.
- The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be that which qualifies the person to work in the Early Learning and Care sector (and is at least level 7 on the NFQ).
- Applicants may only apply once and cannot be granted the Learner Fund Graduate bursary for a second time if they have already received it before.
- The applicant cannot have received any public funding in support of their completing the award relating to this application.
- The bursary is only available to experienced practitioners who were working in a Tusla registered Early Learning & Care service prior to beginning their course.
- Applicants must be currently working in a Tusla registered Early Learning & Care Service.
- Staff working in standalone School Age Childcare services are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants can apply with a full transcript of the completed degree in lieu of a graduating certificate. A full transcript; can be obtained from the educational institution and must show clearly that the learner has been awarded the full degree. Screenshots or downloads from student accounts / portals will cannot be accepted.
- Photographic identification must be provided along with any supporting documents.
- Late or incomplete applications; will not be accepted.
- Decision of the CCC is final and cannot be appealed.
Find us on
View Laois County Childcare Committee facebook posts on this site View posts