Information on grants available:
Applications for funding under this scheme should only be made by P&T Groups that are organised on a not-for-profit basis and involve the participation of parents/guardians to include recently arrived parents and children from Ukraine and other countries in the community. Grants will normally range from €100 to a total maximum of €1,400. New start up groups may apply for a grant of up to €1,100, existing P&T Groups can apply for up to €800.
As well as grants for existing and new P&T groups, an additional amount of up to €300 is available to provide an additional session. There is also a maximum of €300 available to operate/establish Buggy Walking Groups. Groups are advised to contact their local CCC for further information in respect to these two additional funding options.
Funding will be available for:
- Toys, equipment and books for indoor and outdoor activities, including children’s refreshments.
- Storage for equipment.
- Training for parents, e.g. paediatric first aid, committee skills, parenting courses, facilitated sessions,
- Promotional Leaflets including any required translations.
- Children’s activities, e.g. arts and crafts, music.
- Limited funding will be available towards insurance or rent, up to a maximum of 40% of total funding for existing services.
- Limited funding will be available towards insurance or rent, up to a maximum of 70% of total funding for new services.
- An amount of up to €300 is available for the establishment of buggy walking groups, it is envisaged that these groups, once established, will involve groups of parents/guardians and children meeting for organised walks on a regular basis (a minimum of 6 walking sessions) in their local community.
- Additional funding is also available to groups offering additional sessions, this funding is primarily for, but not exclusively aimed at, the inclusion of recently arrived parents and children from Ukraine and families from other countries.
Funding will not be available for:
- Groups operating out of private homes.
- One off events such as outings, parties and trips.
- P&T Groups with a closing balance of €3,000 or more in the previous year (except where a P&T Group can provide a signed declaration that the funding available to the P&T group is under €3,000).
- Groups who received funding in previous years and did not return the Progress Report and receipts for items purchased.
 . Buggy Walking Groups are organised social walks for parents, guardians, and their babies and toddlers. They provide a range of benefits including social interaction, physical activity and emotional, peer support. Buggy Walk Groups aim to give support to parents and guardians and their young children, allowing them to chat to each other, get exercise and fresh air and make friends in their local community. Groups are expected to be inclusive of all newcomers, where possible, but some groups may for example only be able concentrate on new and expectant mums and recently arrived parents and children from Ukraine and other countries.
- P&T Groups should have a Bank Account/Credit Union or Post Office Account. The money taken at each session, any grants received by the group or money received from fundraising should be paid into the account. It is recommended that spending on the group’s behalf should be paid for by cheque/draft or electronic means. All transactions involving the group’s money should be recorded and all receipts kept.
- Applications from P&T Groups will only be accepted from groups known to their local CCC, new groups should make arrangements to meet a CCC staff representative prior to application deadline.
- P&T Groups must submit evidence of appropriate insurance (not applicable to new groups). New groups should submit evidence of insurance within the first month of receiving the grant.
How to Apply:
- Please download application form here: 2023 Parent and Toddler Application Form
- Please ensure that all sections are completed (Application form, Annual Income & Expenditure Account, Progress Report).
- Simple financial records are important for groups in receipt of grants as they offer protection for all involved. However, newly formed groups do not need to provide a financial record until they are in existence for one year.
- Please ensure the application is signed by 2 committee
- Applicants are required to submit up to date bank statements/credit union or post office statement (no older than 2 months) with their application form.
- Forward evidence of insurance with application for existing P & T Groups. For newly formed groups, if insurance is not available, evidence must be submitted within one month of the application being completed.
- Forward evidence of receipts for items purchased with last grant, along with progress report.
- Grant applications will not be recommended if they do not include adequate information, i.e. all sections of the application form must be completed.
Grant applications must be sent back to Sinéad at firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to
Grants for Parent & Toddler Groups,
Laois County Childcare Committee,
6 Lismard Court,